Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen

3 posters

Go down

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen Empty The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:19 pm

I have long contemplated how a large group that might be on the move would feed themselves for an extended period. I are talking about mobile operations where a group is moving many hundreds or thousands of miles for one reason or another. Many people like to think apocalyptic, but like the amazing hundreds mile long traffic jamb that was Hurricane Rita, there are many other more common reasons that a group of people might want or need to move.

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen 0715-traffic-hurricane-Rita

Large forest fires, earthquakes, F4/5 tornadoes and other natural disasters have forced large groups of people to move. Responders to such events have also congregated in devastated areas with little outside support or resources. Should such an event or situation require your group to move away from (or towards in support of) another group or region, there could,  and most likely would be a need for a mobile kitchen.

Wouldn't in be nice if your group convoy could have gotten off of a packed evacuation highway route after moving less than a few miles every hour, and set up a secure perimeter at an out of the way place, put up the tents, opened up the kitchen, and had a good nights rest? Or maybe your group (along with other groups) responded in support of another group, but there were few resources nearby to support the significant influx of humanity. If someone had brought their food truck and experience to the scene, it would have been one less logistical issue to deal with.

I see these for sale from time to time, and they are much less expensive than a typical food truck. They can be towed behind a typical truck or van, and have been used by the military to feed large groups. Maybe your group has people who specialize in cooking for larger groups, and this is the specialty you bring to the table. Why not? Everyone needs to eat. Just something to think about.

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen $_57

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen $_57

Here is the ebay auction for it (buy it now) with a lot more pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-SURPLUS-MOBLE-ARMY-FIELD-KITCHEN-TRAILER-TENT-NO-MBU-BURNERS-2-STOVES-/390816938035?ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1123
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen Empty Re: The Food Truck/Mobile Kitchen

Post by Texas Patriot Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:55 am

Great idea. Now, who will loan me the 5k to purchase it?

I guess something of the sort could be built on a smaller scale for feeding your group and a group your might be assisting.

When it comes to feeding the unprepared, sorry my heart has hardened to them for the most part. I guess due to their ignorance and lack of give a crap when they need to.

Something similar to this could be built using a small cargo trailer or even a flat utility trailer and some modifications.
Texas Patriot
Texas Patriot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 am

Texas Patriot wrote:Great idea. Now, who will loan me the 5k to purchase it?

I guess something of the sort could be built on a smaller scale for feeding your group and a group your might be assisting.

When it comes to feeding the unprepared, sorry my heart has hardened to them for the most part. I guess due to their ignorance and lack of give a crap when they need to.

Something similar to this could be built using a small cargo trailer or even a flat utility trailer and some modifications.

Remember, survival is not about I/me. If the mobile kitchen is something that your group would specialize in, then your entire group should pitch in to make it happen. Or even better, all of the surrounding groups pitch in to make it happen.

As far as feeding the unprepared goes, I think that is to broad of a brush. People can lose nearly everything due to a tornado or other natural event, whether they are prepared or not. I think it is incumbent upon out community to teach by example. By responding and helping others when in need, it sets the example.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doc g Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 pm

"People can lose nearly everything due to a tornado or other natural event, whether they are prepared or not."

One of the things I have considered, is even IF I have a storm shelter, and I live but my house is now a clean concrete slab,...

Where the fuck did my food just go? My tent? My gun safe? The water I had stored? My clothes?

THAT, is something I have not prepared for. Is there really a way to prepare for that?

And I think this is what this post is about.

doc g

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas Patriot Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Texas Patriot wrote:Great idea. Now, who will loan me the 5k to purchase it?

Remember, survival is not about I/me. If the mobile kitchen is something that your group would specialize in, then your entire group should pitch in to make it happen. Or even better, all of the surrounding groups pitch in to make it happen.

As far as feeding the unprepared goes, I think that is to broad of a brush. People can lose nearly everything due to a tornado or other natural event, whether they are prepared or not. I think it is incumbent upon out community to teach by example. By responding and helping others when in need, it sets the example.

I understand survival is not about I/me. The loan part was my way of dry humor. Doesn't usually work as you can see.

I agree that under the circumstances as you described, feeding those in need would be a duty, if possible. My wife and I give quite a bit to Mercy Chefs. A group of Christian folks who take mobile kitchens and food supplies to disaster areas to feed the effected. We do this because we are not able to go ourselves.

As far as feeding all those hungry herds of people after SHTF would be another story. I don't see how that would be feasible under the circumstance of no way to resupply. My primary goal at that time will be the survival and security of my family and our coalition of folks who have aligned prior too.

The idea of having a mobile kitchen for disaster relief would be a good idea to do as a group project.

Texas Patriot
Texas Patriot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum