Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security within the retreat

2 posters

Go down

Security within the retreat Empty Security within the retreat

Post by Texas Patriot Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 am

In my opinion, security is the most important issue we will have to deal with at the retreat. Without it, all your preps and hard work will be for someone else to enjoy.

This means you have to have people. The most difficult thing you will have to deal with. People do not like to fall under someone else's authority. We are a free people and really like our independence, but under the circumstances you may have to get over it.
Joining up with an existing group or retreat will be a difficult thing to do. Your life and the life of the group will depend on it. So it is in the interest of both parties to learn how to work together and find that perfect rhythm that works for most. You'll never satisfy everyone.

Just like here on Survival Sanity. We will have to learn to standardize our equipment, supplies, and way of thinking in order to succeed. The same goes for a retreat. If the cogs do not mesh together, it will not work. All must be willing to participate and contribute for the success of the group. Even if this means changing something you do not want to.

You will have a much larger chance of survival in numbers, we all know that. In order for large numbers of people to exist together, they must organize and put their best leader forward. No, not a dictator, but a true leader. George Washington comes to my mind. Did not want the job but knew that it had to get done. Then when it was completed, got out of the way. That to me is a true leader.

So its your choice. Give up a little independence, or face the world alone. Unless you are Chuck Norris I don't think your gonna make it very long.
Texas Patriot
Texas Patriot

Back to top Go down

Security within the retreat Empty Re: Security within the retreat

Post by Ranger Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Sounds like we may need to start doing a lot of bulk buying of food. And Ammo.
Ranger
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum