Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suppresors - GET ONE!

4 posters

Go down

Suppresors - GET ONE! Empty Suppresors - GET ONE!

Post by Admin Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:51 pm

I still find a lot of people, gun people, do not realize that suppressors (silencers) are legal to own and use in most states. Most states also allow a corporation (LLC, Corp., etc.) and Trusts to own them, even if they do not allow individuals. You need to check your state's laws.

Regardless, the best way to own a suppressor is via corporation or Trust. You can find plenty of good information on the internet about both of these. Depending on how you go about it, it can range from inexpensive to very expensive to establish and maintain a corporation or Trust. I have several LLC's that I use solely to hold property, they do not require any annual filing, and only cost me $40 each.

Most suppressors cost between $200 to $2000, with the average being about $800. It is possible to own one suppressor and use it on multiple firearms. Have a suppressor that is designed to operate on a .30 caliber rifle, but I have also used it on 5.56/.223, 6.5, 7mm, and .22LR rifles with good results. Since you will not be shooting more than one rifle at a time, one suppressor can do it all. But you do need to buy the right suppressor to be able to do this. The suppressor needs to be adaptable. This means that they either have different threaded inserts that can be installed to match your barrel threads, or they offer different muzzle attachments that the suppressor will thread onto. Yes, this does cost a little more than a direct thread on suppressor, but the small price difference is worth it.

Besides the price of the suppressor, the BATFE charges $200 for what is called a "Tax Stamp." This is little more than government taxation without representation, but it is still a hurdle. Far better than a few years ago, it now only takes 3-5 months to get a corporation or Trust approval, or much longer for individuals.

A suppressor can serve to mask your rifle's signature and location when properly used. When used with subsonic ammunition on bolt action rifle, such as the 300 AAC Blackout, the only noise you hear is the projectile impacting the target; it is that quiet. For survival purposes, the suppressor is a friend in many situations and environments, and for that reason, they are worth owning.

Some people are worried about owning a "registered" item. It turns out that if you have a driver's license, hunting license, car registered in your name to your home address, a home titled in your name, a social security number/bank account/credit or debit card in your name to your home address, then owning a suppressor or SBR is no different. Have you ever purchase a firearm from a FFL dealer? You are already on the dreaded "list!" RUN! Even if you are not on the "list," and you believe that registering a suppressor will get you on one, how likely do you think it is that your house is the first one that will be hit at O'Dark Thirty, you horrible suppressor owner, you?! Be realistic. You are not that important. Maybe even a little full of yourself to think you are that dangerous to a government that can print trillions of dollars per year, and has an entire military machine that it can send to far corners of the earth at its every whim. For the purposes of the "list," you are nothing more than a speck on a speck. Get a suppressor. You will thank me later.

Because I have personally done business with them, to my great satisfaction, I recommend Silencer Shop in central Texas. But please wait a couple of months so that the next one I want to get is not sold out before I get the funds together to order it. And no, you do not need to drive there to pick it out, do the paperwork, or receive it. Everything can be done online and by mail.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suppresors - GET ONE! Empty Re: Suppresors - GET ONE!

Post by doc g Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 pm

thanks for this post. have struggled with the thoughts mentioned. have to save a bit, work outside, behind due to winter weather. if we ever get together, would love to pick your brain about process for other areas of trust, llc, etc.

doc g

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 am

There is another excellent reason to own and use a suppressor:

If SHTF, and you end up in an actual firefight of any nature, chances are you will not be wearing ear protection at the time it occurs (because if we could plan for a battle with enough forethought to wear hearing protection, then we could avoid the battle altogether.) When you are actively shooting, moving, and communicating, the rifle reports will be extremely loud - much louder than your yelling. Your hearing will be damaged (even if only temporarily), and hearing what your buddies are saying will be difficult at best.

Suppressing your weapons will allow you to more effectively communicate since the volume of your rifles will be considerably lower. Communication is more important than most people realize, and even more so during a live battle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am

I have considered the purchase of a suppressor, and currently in the market.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by OKUTE Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 pm

i like mine cant wait for my second one to come in should be another month then all my bolt actions and semi can share. Tired of the earmuffs. I shot mine this morning didnt have to wear anything.
OKUTE
OKUTE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum