Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolts with mags

4 posters

Go down

Bolts with mags Empty Bolts with mags

Post by audie7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:43 pm

I believe that a effective bolt action rifle should be of standard nato caliber such as 7.62mm, and magazine fed so that reloads can be quick and decisive.

I have a Styer SSG 04 that uses 10 round detachable magazines. ( I have multiple spare mags)

This weapon is of course for special ops and not my main battle rifle, but conveniently uses the same ammunition.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Bolts with mags Empty Re: Bolts with mags

Post by Admin Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:02 pm

So what if our government decided to ban imports from Austria at some later date (because our government is known for doing such stupid stuff), could you maintain the rifle, get parts, more magazines, etc?

And if it is a special ops weapon, then I assume you are using match grade ammunition in it. Is that the same ammunition that you run through your battle rifle, or are they in fact, different?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doc g Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Only bolt action I have is a .270. Damn good gun, killed every F'n deer I ever shot with it.

Have a pretty good handful of ammo for it. To shoot all of it at one time, would likely requiring 3-4 shoulder implants.

doc g

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Although  my bolt rifle  is made in Austria, it is of high quality, with few parts, I could easily  purchase spare parts and even more mags now, reducing the probability  of failure due to lack of parts. Also, running match grade ammo is a luxury for the rifle to maximize  it's potential but the rifles inherent Acuracy is not limited by Mach grade ammo alone, therefore  I could sight in and log scope settings for the same ammo as my battle rifle also.
      But that being said, I understand  the direction  of your last comment "Admin" and the importance  of availability. Keeping in mind that my " special ops rifle " has great versatility to make a center target impact rather than a center 10 ring impact due to a non match grade ammo selection is exceptible within reason.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by LSP Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:59 pm

I like the emphasis on standardization very much -- it just makes sense. I'm also jealous of the Steyr! All hail Mannlicher. And the mighty .270, of course.

With that in mind, does anyone have an opinion on Ruger's Scout Rifle? 10 rnd mag, iron sights, NATO caliber, with bolt accuracy, Jeff Cooper style. At least that's the marketing.

I'd like to have one, on the principle that you can't have too many, ahem, guns. But I think a .308 battle rifle might make more sense. Good sport and tactical application.

But any thoughts/advice welcome.
LSP
LSP

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 am

I was interested in Rugers scout rifle when it came out, and thought of getting one, but that forward scope setup I was not comfortable with and shorter barrel was not what I was looking for so I wrote it off as a novilty, but that's just me personally, I have never heard anything bad about them and have always liked Rugers firearms.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum