Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies

5 posters

Go down

ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies Empty ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies

Post by OKUTE Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:08 pm

well ive been told store are running out of all ammo just in case the goverment puts bans on certain calibers. sometimes were our own worst enemy with what might happen.
OKUTE
OKUTE

Back to top Go down

ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies Empty Re: ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies

Post by Admin Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Most of the places that I frequent for ammo purchases are sold out of .223/5.56, and most of the common rifle calibers are almost out. I actually had difficulty acquiring 7.62x39, and the place I got it from is now nearly sold out. Even GunBot is behind as most of the ammo is actually sold out that it shows as in stock.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://survivalsanity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies Empty prepared in advance

Post by doc g Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:24 pm

makes me glad I have done what I have over the last 3-4 years, and am stingy in my training.

doc g

Back to top Go down

ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies Empty Re: ammo and the new run on people buying out supplies

Post by Texas Patriot Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:40 am

They certainly know how to stir the market.
Glad I stocked up some time ago.
Texas Patriot
Texas Patriot

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm good on ammo, shelves arnt bare yet, but always on the look out for a good deal.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:05 am

bought 180rds .308 ammo at wally world today. & 100rds .45
Wallys always seams to have ammo at a fair price, and they never gouged during the runs on ammo.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Correction:
700rds .45
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by doc g Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:09 pm

back in November, my local WM had boxes of Tulammo 5.56, 500 rds. for $119. I know its a dirty ammo, but cheap for training, grabbed a grand for $256 out the door.

doc g

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:51 pm

I ran a bunch of .308 Tula ammo threw my PTR91, to see how it would cycle ( 80 rds) I had zero issues, yes dirty, but not a dry dirty, more like Pyrodex ( black powder subtitute, which has a type of self lubricating property ), also cleaned up very easy.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by doc g Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

thanks for the input A7, haven't ran any of it, don't plan to soon, just wanted the quantity for the price at that point.

doc g

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 am

You should really run some of it so that you can see how it reacts with your weapon as each reacts differently and may have different issues, better to find out now then later.
audie7
audie7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down