Survival Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ammo & Rambling Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Ammo & Rambling Thoughts Empty Ammo & Rambling Thoughts

Post by LSP Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 pm

I know, the humble .22LR was tipped by plenty as the best thing -- you could get so many rounds, so cheaply, and when everything goes bad, well, you have ammo and lots of it. Also, if you're like me, you can't afford to shoot hundreds of rounds of other caliber bullets by way of plinking fun and keeping your shooting skills up.

But all that changed when people started panic buying and hoarding the round. In this part of Texas you still can't go into the local Walmart and get cheap value packs -- you have to drive over to Waco and get gouged by Cabela's or Gander Mountain.

So, is the .22LR still a great round? Sure, if you can get it.

But here's another consideration. When and if society falls into the abyss, who's going to win the firefight, the team with several ++ thousand rounds of 5.56, or the .22 hoarder? I'd put money on the former, who might be inclined to take the latter's bullets... and come out even stronger than before.

Still, with that in mind, I think I'll get a woodstocked Ruger American .22. Bolt action plinking, small game rifle. Decently made gun for the money, I think, and not too pricey.

Just some random thoughts.

Cheers.

LSP
LSP

Back to top Go down

Ammo & Rambling Thoughts Empty Re: Ammo & Rambling Thoughts

Post by Texas Patriot Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:51 pm

I agree. If you have 10k rnds of 22 and 200 rnds of 5.56, you are screwed.
Think wisely when you purchase ammo. What will you use it for? What will you need it for?
Texas Patriot
Texas Patriot

Back to top Go down